Canine Eye Disease in Boston Terriers
Boston Terriers are susceptible to various forms of canine eye disease due to the prominence of their eyes. Following are some of the most common to the breed:
If you suspect that your Boston Terrier has one of these forms of canine eye disease, consult your veterinarian for treatment.
Eye Care Tips:
- Avoid long periods of sun exposure. You can even purchase dog visors, sunglasses, and goggles that will help keep the sun out of their eyes.
- Don't let your BT stick her head out of automobile windows because of the increased air pressure on the eyes.
- Keep your Boston out of dusty conditions.
- Carry dog eyewash eye drops with you so that you can wash it out any debris before the dog rubs his eyes, resulting in scratches.
- Keep your dog away from thorny plants like roses or cactus.
Return from Canine Eye Disease to Boston Terrier Health Problems